Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
Views : 59112
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the chocolate cup cake
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Buttermilk – ½ cup
- Vegetable oil – ¼ cup
- Instant coffee powder - ½ tsp (mixed in ½ cup of hot water)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Line the cupcake mold with cupcake liners and keep it ready.
- In a deep bowl, combine together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl take egg, vanilla essence, butter milk, and vegetable oil and beat till well combined. Add the flour mixture to this little by little and beat on low speed. Add the coffee mixture and mix just till combined evenly.
- Pour this to the cupcake liners in the cupcake mold. Make sure to fill 2/3 portion of the molds. Bake it for about 25 – 30 minutes or till done. Check by inserting a tooth pick at the center of the cupcake, if it comes out clean, it is done. Remove it from the oven and let it cool for about 5 – 10 minutes. Move the cupcakes to a wire rack and cool it completely.
For the cherry filling and frosting
- Fresh cherries – 1 cup (remove the seeds and chop)
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
- Whipping cream (chilled) – ½ cup
- Condensed milk – 3 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
- Cherries (whole) – 10 – 12
- Combine together chopped cherries, sugar and water and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and cook it till thick. Remove from flame and leave it to cool completely.
- In another bowl whip the chilled whipping cream till soft peaks are formed. Add condensed milk, powdered sugar and vanilla essence and whip just till stiff peaks are formed. Add ¼ portion of the cooked cherries to the whipped cream and combine slowly. Move this cherry whipped cream to an icing bag.
- With the help of a cupcake corer or a sharp knife, remove the center portion of all the cupcakes. Fill this portion with the remaining cooked cherries. Top it with the prepared cherry whipped cream and whole cherry. Serve cooled.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's