Methi Malai Murgh/ Methi Malai Chicken
Views : 59700
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the marinade
- Chicken – 1 kg (cut to medium sized pieces)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger – garlic (crushed) – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Marinate the cleaned chicken pieces with the remaining ingredients mentioned above for about 30 minutes.
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 2
- Bay leaf – 1
- Onion – 3 (thinly sliced)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Ginger – garlic ( crushed) – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 2 (chopped)
- Fresh fenugreek leaves/ methi leaves (chopped) – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Yogurt – ½ cup
- Fresh cream – 1/3 cup
- Dried fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add cardamom, cloves and bay leaf. Add the chopped onion and little salt and saute till soft. Add the chopped green chili and crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add the chopped tomato and cook till soft and mushy. Add the chopped fresh methi leaves and cook for another 3 – 4 minutes. Add red chili powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute till the raw smell disappear and oil appears on top.
- Reduce the flame and add the yogurt stirring continuously. Add the marinated chicken pieces to this and combine well. Cook for another 4 – 5 minutes over high flame. Add 1 cup of water to this and cook covered till done.
- Add fresh cream and dried kasoori methi to this, combine well and cook for a minute over low flame. Remove from fire and serve hot.
Note : Instead of fresh methi leaves, 2 tbsp dried kasoori methi can be
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's