Views : 49714
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Basmati rice – 1 ½ cup (soak in water for 15 minutes and drain excess water)
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1 (thinly sliced)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Fenugreek leaves/ methi leaves (fresh) – 1 bunch
- Red chili powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 4 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Boil 3- 4 cup of water in a deep pan. Add the rice, lemon juice and enough salt to the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from flame and drain the excess water from the cooked rice. Leave it to cool for some time at room temperature.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add sliced onion and enough salt and saute till soft. Add the chopped green chilies to this and saute for few seconds.
- Add the chopped methi leaves and cook for about 4 - 5 minutes over low flame. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add the cooked rice to this and combine evenly. Cook for another 2 – 3 minutes and remove from flame. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's