Caramel Bread Pudding
Views : 73779
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Bread slices – 4 (remove the brown sides and break it to pieces)
- Egg – 3
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp
- Condensed milk – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 2 pinch
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – 3 tbsp (for making caramel)
- Clarified butter/ ghee – ½ tsp (for greasing the pan)
- Blend all the above ingredients, except 3 tbsp sugar and clarified butter/ ghee, till well combined in a mixer. Keep it aside.
- Grease a bowl or cake tin with clarified butter/ ghee and keep it ready. Heat a non stick pan over medium flame, add 3 tbsp sugar and cook till light golden brown. Pour this to the greased pan and spread all over.
- Pour the blended bread – egg mixture to this and cover it with aluminum foil. Steam it in a steamer, with enough water in it, for about 30 – 35 minutes or till done. Check it by inserting a tooth pick at the center of the pudding, if it comes out clean, it is perfectly done.
- Remove it from the steamer and leave it to cool for about half an hour. Run a knife around the pudding and invert it to a plate. Serve cooled.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's