Views : 49719
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Paneer – 200 gram
- Cashew nuts – ¼ cup
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Cardamom – 2
- Onion – 2, thinly sliced
- Green chili – 2, chopped
- Ginger (chopped) – 1 ½ tsp
- Tomato – 3, chopped
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Garam masala powder – a pinch
- Dried fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi – 1 ½ tsp
- Water – ¾ cup
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Soak the paneer cubes in medium hot water for about ½ an hour or till the gravy is ready.
- Boil the cashew nuts adding little water, remove from flame and leave it for about 20 minutes. Drain the excess water and grind it to fine paste adding 3 tbsp milk. Keep it ready.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add cardamom saute for few seconds. Add sliced onion and little salt and saute till soft. Add chopped green chili and ginger and saute till nice aroma appear, add the chopped tomatoes and cook till soft. Remove from the flame and leave it to cool at room temperature. Grind it to fine paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in the pan over medium flame, add red chili powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder and saute till the raw smell disappear. Add the ground onion – tomato paste, cashew paste and tomato sauce and cook over low flame for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder, fenugreek leaves/ kasoori methi and ¾ cup of water and bring it to boil. Discard the water in which the paneer cubes and are soaked, add the paneer cubes to the prepared gravy and cook for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add fresh cream and coriander leaves and combine well. Remove from flame and serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's