Baklava Rolls (Arabic Sweet)
Views : 59711
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Phyllo pastry sheets – 9
- Butter (unsalted) – 1/3 cup (melted)
- Mixed nuts (walnuts, pistachios, almonds) – 1 cup (crushed)
- Pistachios (powdered) – ¼ cup
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Orange blossom water – 2 tsp (optional)
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree. Grease a baking pan with butter and keep it ready.
- Take a sheet of phyllo pastry sheets carefully (keep the remaining phyllo sheets covered so that it will not get dried) and place it over the work space and brush it with butter. Place the second sheet over this and brush it with butter and then the third one and brush it with butter,
- Sprinkle 1/3rd of the crushed nuts all over the sheet and carefully roll it. Slowly move it to the greased pan. Repeat the process with the remaining phyllo sheets. Cut it to rolls of desired size with a sharp knife and brush it all over with butter. Bake it in the oven for about 16 – 18 minutes, till it turns light golden.
- Meanwhile prepare the sugar syrup of one string consistency boiling sugar, water, orange - blossom water and lemon juice. Remove it from the flame and leave it to become warm.
- Remove the baked baklava rolls from the oven and pour the prepared sugar syrup all over. Sprinkle the powdered pistachios all over and keep it covered. Leave it get soaked in the sugar syrup for about 3 – 4 hours. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's