Snowman Cake Pops
Views : 59144
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the chocolate cake
- All purpose flour – ¾ cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Water – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 ½ tbsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease and dust a square or circle cake tin and keep it ready.
- Sift together all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt and keep it ready.
- In another bowl, add sugar, water, lemon juice and vanilla essence and mix till well combined. To this add vegetable oil and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour mixture to this little by little and combine well. Pour this to the prepared cake tin and bake for about 25 - 30 minutes or till a wooden skewer or tooth pick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove it from the oven and cool it for about 20 – 25 minutes. Move the cake slowly to a wire rack and cool it completely at room temperature.
- Crumble the cake to powder and keep it ready.
- Dulce De Leche/ cooked condensed milk – 1/3 cup
- White cooking chocolate – 250 – 300 gram (finely chopped)
- Vegetable oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Milk chocolate (brown) – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Carrot (finely chopped) or any other orange coloured small candy – as required
- Pop sticks – 15 - 18
- Add the Dulce De Leche to the crumbled chocolate cake and combine well to make a smooth dough. Make about 30 – 36 ballls out of it and cool for about 2 hours.
- Heat the white cooking chocolate in the microwave for about a 1 - 1 ½ minute. Remove from the oven and stir well till the chocolate melts completely (heat for few more seconds in the microwave if requires). Add the oil to this and mix well.
- Take the cooled cake balls from the refrigerator, place a cake ball over another one, dip one end of the pop stick in the melted chocolate and insert it at the center of the layered cake balls.
- Repeat the process with the remaining balls and leave it in the refrigerator to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Take the cooled cake pops from the refrigerator, dip it one by one in the melted white chocolate (microwave the chocolate for few seconds if required) to cover the cake balls and move it to the parchment paper. When the chocolate is set completely, dip it once more in the melted chocolate to give it a fine coating.
- Immediately place the orange candy or chopped carrot to make the nose of the snow man.
- Melt the brown cooking chocolate, with the help of a tooth pick, make eye and other decoration over the cake snowman.
- Cool it for some time and serve.
Note : Store bought chocolate cake can be used here.
Makes about 15 – 18 cake pops (more or less depending on the size of the cake balls you make)
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's