Umm Ali (Arabic Dessert)
Views : 60519
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Bread slices – 8
- Almond – ¼ cup (boil it adding little water, remove the skin and sliced)
- Pistachios – ¼ cup (sliced)
- Golden raisins – ¼ cup
- Coconut (shredded) – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cup (or little more if u want a thin consistency)
- Condensed milk – ½ cup + ¼ cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup + 3 tbsp sugar
- Vanilla essence – ¼ tsp
- Thick cream/ fresh cream – 300 ml
- Remove the crust of the bread slices, cut it to small pieces and spread it evenly in a glass dish (dessert dish). Sprinkle almonds, pistachios, golden raisins and shredded coconut all over (reserve some nuts to garnish).
- Combine together milk, ½ cup condensed milk, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla essence and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and cook it for another 3 – 4 minutes stirring continuously. Remove this from flame and pour this over the crumbled bread. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine together, thick cream, ¼ cup condensed milk and 3 tbsp sugar. Spread this evenly over the soaked bread.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree and bake it for about 15 – 20 minutes, till it slightly changes the colour. Remove from the oven and top it with remaining nuts. Serve cooled.
Note : This dessert can be made either with croissants, puff pastry or bread.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's