Views : 68229
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the strawberry filling
- Strawberries – 1 ½ cup (thinly sliced)
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Mash ½ cup of sliced strawberries lightly. Add the remaining sliced strawberries and sugar to it and combine well. Keep it aside for about half an hour.
For the biscuit
- All purpose flour – 2 cup
- Sugar – 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Unsalted butter (cold) – 100 gram (cut to cubes)
- Whipping cream – 3 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Butter milk – 3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 220 degree.
- In a deep bowl combine well all purpose flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add the butter to it and combine with your finger - tips mashing the cold butter.
- In another bowl, beat together 3 tbsp whipping cream and egg for about 2 minutes. Add the butter milk and beat for a minute. The mixture will be little frothy.Add this mixture to the flour mixture and form a dough, no need to make it smooth.
- Roll the dough of ½ inch thickness over a floured surface. Cut it to circles with a cookie cutter (makes about 12- 14 circles depending on the size) and transfer it to a cookie sheet lined with parchment and brush the top with the remaining cream and sprinkle little sugar.
- Place it in the middle rack and bake it for about 20 – 22 minutes or till the top of the biscuits turn golden. Remove it from the oven and cool it over a wire rack. Cut the warm biscuits to two horizontally with a serrated knife.
For the whipping cream
- Whipping cream – 1 cup (chilled)
- Powdered sugar – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Take the whipping cream in a chilled bowl and whip till soft and creamy (place a bowl of ice cubes below the bowl of cream to get the cream whipped easily. Add powdered sugar and vanilla essence to this and whip till stiff peaks are formed. Cool it for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Place a lower portion of biscuit, top it with the prepared strawberry, pipe little whipped cream over that, cover it with the upper portion of the biscuit. Garnish with a drop of whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Serve.
Note : Layer the short cakes just before serving.
The biscuits can be bakes a day before and layering can be done while ready to serve.
Makes about 12 – 14 strawberry shortcakes.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's