Fresh Fruit Cake
Views : 59251
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Yogurt – 1 ¼ cup
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Vegetable oil - ½ cup
- Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
- All purpose flour - 1 ¾ cup (sifted)
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Grease a circle cake tin and line it with parchment paper. Keep it ready.
- Whisk together sugar and yogurt till well combined. To this add baking powder and baking soda and mix well. Keep this aside for about 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil and essence to this and combine well. Add the sifted all purpose flour little by little and combine well. Pour this mixture to the cake tin and spread it evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree and bake it for about 30 minutes. Take the cake tin out of the oven and brush it with milk. Again bake it for about 5 – 10 minutes at 180 degree (till a wooden skewer inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean). Take it out of the oven and cool it at room temperature for about 25 minutes. Remove the cake carefully from the cake tin and cool it completely at room temperature.
For the Sugar Syrup and Icing
- Sugar - 3 tbsp
- Water - ¼ cup
- Whipping cream - 1 cup (cooled)
- Powdered sugar - 2 tbsp
- Condensed milk - 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Bring to boil sugar and water. Remove it from flame and cool it completely.
- Take the whipping cream in a chilled bowl. Place a bowl of ice cubes below the bowl of whipping cream. Whip the cream well. Just before soft peaks are formed, add powdered sugar, condensed milk and vanilla essence and whip till soft peaks are formed. Cool it in the refrigerator covered.
For the Topping and Glaze
- Fresh fruits – as required (here orange, kiwi, strawberry and fresh cherries are used)
- Almonds – ½ cup (soak it in water for about 5 – 6 hours)
- Orange juice – ½ cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp
- Chocolate cigars and curls – to garnish
- Carefully remove the skin of orange. Remove the skin of kiwi and cut to thin slices. Also slice the strawberries. Keep it ready.
- Blanch and sliver the soaked almonds. Roast it till golden and keep it aside to cool.
- In another pan combine together orange juice, sugar and corn flour and bring to boil over medium flame stirring continuously. Reduce the flame and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the flame and let it cool for about 10 – 15 minutes at room temperature. This is the fruit glaze.
- Place the sponge cake on the cake board, sprinkle sugar syrup all over, cover the top and sides with the whipped cream (reserve some cream for piping the sides). Give border for the cake with the remaining whipped cream with the help of an icing bag.
- Top it with fresh fruits. Glaze the fruits with the prepared fruit glaze with the help of a pastry brush (or just toss the fruits in the glaze before topping the cake with fruits). Cover the sides of the cake with roasted slivered almonds. Garnish with chocolate curls and cigars. Cool it for about 2 hours. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's