Views : 51459
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour – 2 ½ cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 200 gram (at room temperature)
- Sugar – 1 ¾ cup
- Orange zest – 2 ½ tbsp (finely chopped)
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Egg - 3
- Orange juice (freshly squeezed) – 1 cup
- Chopped pistachios – ¼ cup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease a cake tin with butter and dust it with flour. Keep it ready. In a bowl combine together all purpose flour, baking powder and salt and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar till creamy. To this add orange zest and vanilla essence and combine evenly. Add egg one by one to this and beat well.
- Add the flour mixture and orange juice alternatively to the butter – egg mixture little by little and beat till well combined. Add the chopped pistachios (reserve 1 tbsp to sprinkle on top) and just mix, pour this batter to the prepared cake tin and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining pistachios over the cake batter.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or 1 hour 10 minutes, till a tooth pick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove it from the oven and leave it to cool for about 25 – 30 minutes at room temperature. Slowly remove the cake from the pan and cool it completely over a wire rack. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's