Views : 66039
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Basmati rice – 1 ½ cup (soak in water for about 15 minutes and drain)
- Water – 3 – 4 cup
- Mixed vegetables (frozen) – 1 ½ cup
- Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
- Kasoori methi/ Dried methi leaves - 3/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Boil 3- 4 cup of water in a deep pan. Add the rice to the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove from flame and drain the excess water from the cooked rice. Leave it to cool for some time at room temperature.
- Heat oil in another pan, add the mixed vegetables to it and saute for about 4 – 5 minutes till soft. Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add the cooked rice, coriander leaves and kasoori methi and combine evenly. Cook for another r2 minutes and remove from flame. Serve hot.
Note : If using fresh vegetables, cut it to small pieces and pressure cook for one whistle adding little water and drain excess water.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's