Date And Nut Roll
Views : 66637
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Dates – 1 ½ cup (deseed it)
- Mixed nuts (cashew, almond, walnut, pistachio) – ½ cup (chopped)
- Clarified butter(ghee) – 1 tbsp
- Desiccated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Grind the deseeded dates and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and dry roast the chopped nuts for about 2 – 3 minutes. Remove from flame and keep it ready.
- Heat clarified butter in another pan, add the ground dates and cook for about 3 – 4 minutes over medium flame stirring continuously. Add the dry roasted nuts to this and combine evenly. Cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from flame and let it cool for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Grease your hands with little clarified butter (ghee) and roll the whole date and nut mixture to a cylindrical shape. Sprinkle desiccated coconut all over. Cover it with a cling wrap and cool it in the refrigerator for about 1 and half to 2 hours. Slice it with sharp knife and serve.
Note : Roasted poppy seeds or powdered pistachios can be used for instead of desiccated coconut.
Use a hot knife to cut the rolls easily.
Makes about 16 – 18 pieces.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's