Black Forest Cake
Views : 70855
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour – 2 ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking soda – ¾ tsp
- Salt – ¾ tsp
- Egg – 3
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup + 2 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Grease two same sized cake tin with butter and dust it with flour. Keep it ready.
- In a deep bowl, take all purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and combine well.
- Add egg, vanilla essence, milk and vegetable oil to the flour mixture and beat till well combined. Pour this batter equally to the prepared cake tin and bake it for about 35 - 40 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted at the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove it from the oven and leave it to cool for some time at room temperature. Slowly remove the cakes from the cake tin and cool it completely over a wire rack. Keep it aside.
- Whipping cream – 2 ½ cup (chilled)
- Powdered sugar – 8 tbsp (more or less according to taste)
- Vanilla essence – 1 ½ tsp
- Sugar syrup – prepared with ¾ cup water and ½ cup sugar, bring to boil and cool it completely
- Fresh cherries – 1 cup (deseeded and cut to halves, reserve some for garnishing)
- Milk chocolate or dark chocolate (grated) – 250 gram
- Chill a deep glass bowl and the beater blades for about 2 hours. Whip the chilled whipping cream in the cooled bowl till light and creamy. Add powdered sugar and vanilla essence and whip well till stiff peaks are formed.
- Cut the cake to make four layers. Place a layer of cake over the cake board. Sprinkle little sugar syrup all over. Now spread half cup of whipped cream over the cake layer and top it with little cherries. Sprinkle little grated chocolate all over.
- Place the second layer of cake over the cream, repeat the above process till the last layer of cake. Sprinkle the sugar syrup over the cake, cover the whole cake with the remaining whipping cream (reserve little cream for making decoration), sprinkle the remaining chocolate. Pipe the remaining cream over the cake and garnish with cherries. Cool for about 2 – 3 hours. Serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's