Views : 63835
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Shredded chicken (cooked adding 1 tsp black pepper powder, enough salt and water) – 1 cup
- Potato – 1 no.
- Onion – 2, (finely sliced)
- Green chili – 3, chopped
- Crushed ginger garlic – 1 ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – a pinch
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp
- Mint leaves – 1 tsp (optional)
- All purpose flour – ¼ cup
- Egg white – 1 (lightly beaten adding little salt)
- Thin vermicelli (Pakistani vermicelli) – ¾ cup (crushed with hand)
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for deep frying
- Salt – to taste
- Hard – boiled egg – 1, (cut to very small pieces) for serving
- Boil the potato with skin till cooked (do not cut potatoes). Remove the potatoes from water and let it cool for some time at room temperature. Pat - dry the potatoes with a kitchen towel and remove the skin. Mash the potatoes with your hand and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sliced onion, chopped green chili and enough salt. Saute it on medium flame till soft. To this add crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add black pepper powder and garam masala powder to this and saute well on low flame for about 2 – 3 minutes. Add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix well.
- Add the shredded chicken to this and mix well and cook on low flame for another 4 – 5 minutes. Remove from flame.
- Now add the mashed potatoes to the chicken mixture and mix till well combined. Make 7 – 8 small balls (lemon sized) out of it and press it lightly to get the shape of cutlet. Press this a little at the center.
- Roll it in all purpose flour, then in beaten egg white and then in crushed vermicelli. Heat oil in a deep pan and fry this till golden brown. Put this in paper towel and remove the excess oil. Place small pieces of hard – boiled egg over it and serve hot with your favorite sauce.
Note : makes about 7 – 8 pieces.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's