Dulce De Leche - Hazelnut Cheesecake
Views : 59704
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the biscuit base
- Digestive biscuits (powdered) – 1 ½ cup
- Unsalted butter – 6 tbsp
- Combine powdered biscuits and butter. Rub it using finger tips. Add little by little cookie mixture in cheesecake mold and press it with your finger tips. Keep it in the refrigerator for about 30 min to set the biscuit base.
For the cheesecake layer
- Cream cheese – 1 package (227 gram)
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Dulce de leche/ cooked condensed milk – 1 can
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Gelatin – 1 ½ tsp
- Cold water – 2 tbsp
- Hazel nut - ¼ cup ( chopped)
- Beat together cream cheese and fresh cream till smooth and creamy. To this add dulce de leche/ cooked condensed milk and vanilla essence and beat till well combined.
- Add the gelatin to 2 tbsp water and leave it for about 2 – 3 minutes. Heat it in the microwave for about 10 – 15 seconds. Combine well with a spoon and leave it to cool for few seconds. Add this to the cream cheese mixture and combine well.
- Add the chopped hazel nuts to this and combine. Move this mixture to an icing bag. take the cheesecake pan from the refrigerator and to the biscuit base with the prepared cream cheese mixture. Cool it in the refrigerator covered for about 2 – 3 hours till set.
For The chocolate layer
- Cooking chocolate (chopped) – ½ cup
- Fresh cream – ¼ cup + 2 tbsp
- Unsalted butter - ½ tsp
- Hazel nuts (chopped) – 3 tbsp
- Heat fresh cream in a microwave for about a minute, till it starts bubbling. Add the chopped cooking chocolate and butter to this and slowly combine till the chocolate melts completely. let it cool for about 3 – 4 minutes at room temperature.
- Top this over the prepared cheesecake and sprinkle hazelnuts over that. Cool it for another 1 – 2 hour. Remove it from the cheesecake mold and serve.
To make Dulce De Leche/ Cooked condensed milk
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 can
- Remove the label from the can of condensed milk. Do not open the can. Put the can of condensed milk in pressure cooker with enough water to cover the can (the can should be under water)
- Close the pressure cooker and cook it for one whistle, then reduce the flame and cook for about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let the pressure cooker cool down completely before opening. Open the pressure cooker and remove the can carefully from hot water. Cool the condensed milk can completely at room temperature before opening. (IF YOU OPEN IT WHEN IT IS HOT, IT CAN SPLASH OUT HOT TOFFEE! CAREFUL). Keep it covered in the refrigerator and use it as required.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's