Toffee Caramel Pudding
Views : 59365
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Digestive biscuits – 200 gram (crushed to powder)
- Cashew nuts – ½ cup (crushed)
- Unsalted butter – 5 tbsp
- Condensed milk – ¼ cup
- Chilled milk – 1 cup
- Whipping powder – 2 sachets (2 * 36 gram)
- Cream caramel pudding powder – 1 box
- Thick cream/ fresh cream – ½ cup
- Powdered sugar – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Dulce De Leche / cooked condensed milk – ½ can
- Thick cream/ fresh cream – ¼ cup
- Strawberries – ¼ cup (thinly sliced)
- Chocolate sauce – to garnish (optional)
- Heat butter in a pan over low flame, add the crushed biscuits and cashews to it, saute for about 3 – 4 minutes and remove it from flame. Spread half of this mixture to the dessert dish and press lightly. Keep it in the refrigerator till the cream layer is ready.
- In a deep bowl, add condensed milk, chilled milk, whipping powder, cream caramel powder, ½ cup thick cream, powdered sugar and vanilla essence and beat well till creamy and soft peaks are formed, for about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Take the dessert dish from the refrigerator and spread half of this whipped cream mixture over the biscuit layer. Sprinkle the remaining crushed biscuit over this cream layer. Then spread the remaining cream over it. Keep it aside.
- Combine together the Dulce De Leche/cooked condensed milk and ¼ cup thick cream in a bowl. Spread this over the whipped cream layer and cool it covered for about 3 – 4 hours.
- Top the dessert with sliced strawberries, drizzle chocolate sauce and serve.
To make Dulce De Leche/ Cooked condensed milk
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 can
- Remove the label from the can of condensed milk. Do not open the can. Put the can of condensed milk in pressure cooker with enough water to cover the can (the can should be under water)
- Close the pressure cooker and cook it for one whistle, then reduce the flame and cook for about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let the pressure cooker cool down completely before opening. Open the pressure cooker and remove the can carefully from hot water. Cool the condensed milk can completely at room temperature before opening. (IF YOU OPEN IT WHEN IT IS HOT, IT CAN SPLASH OUT HOT TOFFEE! CAREFUL). Keep it covered in the refrigerator and use it as required.
Note : Serve with lots of sliced strawberries.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's