Views : 49721
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Crushed cookies - 2 cup
- Melted butter – 6 tbsp
- Dulce De Leche/ cooked condensed milk (direction given below) – ½ can
- Banana (robusta) – 2 (thinly sliced)
- Whipping cream (chilled) – ¾ cup
- Condensed milk – ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Chocolate shavings – to garnish
- Combine the crushed cookies and melted butter in a bowl. Take 6 – 8 serving glasses or a glass bowl and make a layer of buttered cookies in it and press it lightly. Cool it for about 15 minutes.
- Take the whipping cream in a chilled bowl and whip till soft peaks are formed. Add powdered sugar, condensed milk and vanilla essence and combine well. Move this whipped cream to an icing bag and keep it ready.
- Add 1 ½ tbsp of dulce de leche (cooked condensed milk) in each glasses over the cookie layer and spread it evenly.
- Top it with a layer of thinly sliced banana, again a layer of buttered cookie crumbs and slices banana.
- Make a layer of whipped cream over the sliced banana. Garnish with chocolate shavings and serve cooled.
For making Dulce De Leche/ Cooked condensed milk
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 can
- Remove the label from the can of condensed milk. Do not open the can. Put the can of condensed milk in pressure cooker with enough water to cover the can (the can should be under water)
- the pressure cooker and cook it for one whistle, then reduce the flame and cook for about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let the pressure cooker cool down completely before opening. Open the pressure cooker and remove the can carefully from hot water. Cool the condensed milk can completely at room temperature before opening. Keep it covered in the refrigerator and use it as required. (NOTE : IF YOU OPEN IT WHEN IT IS HOT, IT CAN SPLASH OUT HOT TOFFEE! CAREFUL)
Note : Makes about 6 – 8 depending on the size of the serving glass.
You can make it in a big glass dish also following the same procedure.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's