Views : 49734
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Chicken with skin – 1, cut to 4 – 8 pieces
- Butter – ¼ cup
- Cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon – 2 small pieces
- Cloves – 3
- Whole black pepper – ¼ tsp
- Onion – 2, finely chopped
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Dried lemon – ½ (ground)
- Tomato – 2 (blend it to puree)
- Basmati rice – 3 cup (soaked in water for half an hour and drained)
- Carrot – 2 , grated
- Almonds – 3 tbsp (slivered and toasted)
- Water – as required
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Heat butter in a deep pot pan, add cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and whole black pepper to it. Add chopped onion, green chili, ginger garlic paste and enough salt and saute till golden colour.
- Add all the spice powders and ground dried lemon to this and saute till raw smell disappear and oil appears on top. Add the tomato puree to this and bring to boil.
- When it becomes thick, add the chicken pieces and cook on high heat stirring occasionally, for about 4 – 5 minutes. Add 3 cup of water to this and bring to boil, reduce the flame to medium and cook it covered till chicken is cooked completely. Remove the chicken pieces from it.
- Heat 2 – 3 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the cooked chicken pieces for about 5 - 6 minutes on high flame turning the sides. Keep it aside.
- Add 2 – 2 ½ cup of water to the gravy in which chicken is cooked and bring to boil on high flame. Add the soaked, drained rice and grated carrot to it. Add more salt if required. Reduce the flame and cook till done.
- Add the fried chicken pieces, toasted almonds and coriander leaves and combine well. Cook covered for another 3 minutes on low flame. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's