Cookie Cake Sundae
Views : 62136
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Digestive biscuit (or any other biscuit) – 1 ½ cup
- Melted butter – 4 tbsp
- Cooked condensed milk (Toffee sauce /Dulce De Leche) – 6 tbsp (recipe given below)
- Chocolate cake (crumbled) – 1 ½ cup
- Cooking chocolate (grated) – ½ cup
- Fresh cream/ thick cream – ½ cup
- Vanilla ice cream – for topping
- Nuts (chopped) – to garnish
- Crush biscuits, add melted butter to it and combine well. Spread this mixture in 6 - 8 serving glasses (depending on the size of the glasses) and top each with a tbsp of cooked condensed milk (Dulce De Leche).
- Add the crumbled chocolate cake over the cooked condensed milk. Keep it aside.
- Heat the cream in a microwave oven just till it starts bubbling (or by double boiling method). Remove it from the oven and add the grated chocolate. Combine it slowly till the chocolate melts completely.
- Add 2 tbsp of melted chocolate mixture in each glasses (reserve little to use while serving). Top each glass with a scoop of vanilla ice cream garnished with remaining chocolate mixture and nuts.
For Cooked Condensed Milk / Dulce De Leche
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 can
- Remove the label from the can of condensed milk. Do not open the can. Put the can of condensed milk in pressure cooker with enough water to cover the can (the can should be under water). Close the pressure cooker and cook it for one whistle, then reduce the flame and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Let the pressure cooker cool down completely before opening. Open the pressure cooker and remove the can carefully from hot water. Cool the condensed milk can completely at room temperature before opening (IF YOU OPEN IT WHEN IT IS HOT, IT CAN SPLASH OUT HOT TOFFEE!). Keep it covered in the refrigerator and use as required.
Note : Serves 6 – 8 .
Dulce De Leche is cooked condensed milk to get the texture of toffee. You can use this for making desserts, cheesecakes, ice creams or as a spread.
To serve the dessert later, keep the dessert in the refrigerator covered without adding ice cream. Just before serving, heat it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, garnish and serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's