Chicken Frankie/ Chicken Kathi Roll
Views : 50415
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the marinade
- Chicken – 400 gram (boneless)
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Corn flour – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp (for frying)
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the remaining ingredients except oil and keep it aside for an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry till just cooked. Keep it aside.
Ingredients for filling
- Onion – 2, big (finely chopped)
- Crushed ginger – garlic – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 1, big (chopped)
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – ¾ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add the chopped onion and salt and saute till soft. To this add crushed ginger – garlic and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add the chopped tomato to this and saute till soft. Add all the spice powder and saute till oil appears on top. Add the fried chicken to this and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves, combine and remove from fire. Keep it aside.
- Chapathi dough – to make 6 – 7 chapathi
- Egg – 3 (whisked in a bowl with little salt)
- Onion – 1, big (finely chopped and mixed with ½ tsp lemon juice and a pinch of salt))
- Make 6 – 7 balls out of the dough. Roll one of the dough balls to the size of chapathi and move it to a hot pan cook little on both sides. Pour 2 – 3 tbsp egg on one side of the chapathi and cook till done.
- Remove this from the pan, add some chicken filling, sprinkle little chopped onion with lemon juice and roll it tightly. Cover it with aluminum foil.
- Repeat the same procedure to make more Chicken Frankie. Serve hot.
Note : Makes about 6 - 7 Chicken Frankie.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's