Jam Thumbprint Cookies
Views : 74449
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Unsalted butter – 100 gram
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Salt – a pinch
- Egg yolks – 2
- Vanilla essence – ¾ tsp
- All purpose flour – 1 ½ cup
- Strawberry jam (or any other jam of your choice) – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – for sprinkling on top
- Beat together butter and sugar till creamy. To this add salt, egg yolks and vanilla essence and beat till well combined.
- To this add all purpose flour and knead it to smooth dough. Wrap it with a cling wrap and refrigerate for half an hour.
- Make about 18 - 20 balls out of it and press it lightly to get the shape of a cookie. Press it lightly at the center to make an indentation and fill it with little jam. Place it in a greased baking pan leaving little space in between.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree and bake it for about 25 – 30 minutes (till the sides and top of the cookies turn little golden colour). Remove it from the oven and sprinkle little sugar all over. Cool it over a wire rack. Serve.
Note : Makes about 18 – 20 cookies depending on the size.
I baked it in two batches.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's