Kiwi And Lime Cheesecake
Views : 67988
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the biscuit base
- Powdered biscuits – 2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 2 tbsp
- Butter (melted) – ½ cup
- Grease a spring form pan with butter and keep it ready.
- Combine together powdered biscuit, sugar and butter in a bowl. Rub the ingredients using finger tips. Press this mixture in the greased pan and press it with your hand to make base. Keep it in the refrigerator for about 30 min to set.
For the cream cheese filling
- Cream cheese – 2 package (460 gram)
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Thick cream/ fresh cream – ¾ cup
- Egg – 3, at room temperature
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Corn flour – 1 ½ tbsp
- Lemon juice –3 tbsp
- Lemon zest – 2 tsp
- Kiwi – 2,.thinly sliced
- Lemon flavoured jelly – 3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree.
- Beat well the cream cheese in a deep bowl till creamy. To this add sugar, cream and vanilla and beat till well combined.
- Add egg to this one by one and beat till just combined. Add corn flour, lemon juice and lemon zest to this and beat till well combined without forming lumps scraping the sides occasionally.
- Pour this mixture over the biscuit base and spread evenly.
- Cover the bottom and sides of the spring form pan with aluminum foil. Place this spring form pan in a big baking pan with 1 ½ cup of water.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 50 – 60 minutes or till the sides of the cheesecake becomes firm and the centre starts jiggling.
- Remove it from the oven and cool it at room temperature for about an hour. Place the sliced kiwi all over the cheesecake.
- Prepare the jelly as per instruction over the package. Let it cool at room temperature for some time. Pour it over the cheesecake and cool it in the refrigerator for about 4 – 5 hours. Serve.
Note : You can also use home made cream cheese.
Topping it with jelly is optional.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's