Views : 51438
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Wheat flour - 1 ½ cup
- All purpose flour - 1 ½ cup
- Fenugreek leaves/ dried kasoori methi - 2 tbsp
- Instant yeast - 1 tsp
- Baking powder - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Yogurt - 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp
- Warm water - 1 cup (little more or less to make a smooth dough
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Butter – for applying on the naan
- In a deep bowl, combine together wheat flour, all purpose flour, fenugreek leaves, instant yeast, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add yogurt and oil to the flour mix and combine well. To this add warm water little by little and knead it to smooth dough. Apply a thin layer of oil all over the dough. Keep it covered for about 1 ½ - 2 hours in a warm place.
- Heat a tawa or pan. Make about 10 – 12 balls out of the dough. Take one of the dough ball, roll it dusting little all purpose flour and make the shape of a drop. Apply a thin layer of water at one side of the rolled dough.
- Move the rolled dough to the hot tawa with the wet side down. Cover it with a lid and cook for about 30 – 40 seconds. Remove the lid and flip the tawa so that the naan faces the direct flame. Cook till little brown (or just turn the side of the naan and cook till done). Remove the naan from the tawa and apply little butter all over.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough balls. Serve hot with butter chicken or any such gravy.
Note : Makes about 10 - 12 methi naan.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's