Special Mutton Biryani
Views : 67172
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the marinade
- Mutton - 1 kg (cut to pieces and cleaned)
- Red chili pwd - 2 tsp
- Turmeric pwd - 1/2 tsp
- Crushed ginger garlic - 1 tbsp
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 2 (thinly sliced)
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Marinate the mutton pieces with red chili powder, turmeric powder, crushed ginger garlic, yogurt and enough salt for about an hour.
- Pressure cook the marinated mutton adding 1/4 cup of water till it is cooked 3/4th. Open the pressure cooker when all the pressure is released and heat it on high flame (if any water content is remaining) till all the water content disappear.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil in another pan, add sliced onion and saute it for a minute on high flame. Add cooked mutton to this and saute it for about 3 - 4 minutes on high flame. Remove from flame and keep it aside.
For the masala mix
- Clarified butter / ghee - 3 tbsp
- Cardamom – 3
- Cinnamon - 2 small pieces
- Cloves – 2
- Onion - 5, big (thinly sliced)
- Green chili - 8 – 10
- Ginger - 2 pieces
- Garlic - 10 big cloves
- yogurt (curd) - 2 tbsp
- Tomato - 2, big (chopped)
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat clarified butter in a pot pan, add cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. To this add sliced onion and salt and saute till soft.
- Grind together green chili, ginger, garlic and yogurt . add this to the sauted onion and cook on high flame for about 2 - 3 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes to this and cook till soft
- Add the fried mutton to this and mix well. Add lemon juice and coriander leaves to this and mix well. Cook this for about 5 minutes on low flame. Keep it aside
For the rice
- Basmati rice (Soaked for 30 min) - 3 cup
- Boiling Water - 4 1/2 cup
- Clarified butter - 3 tbsp
- Saffron - a pinch (soaked in tbsp hot milk)
- Salt - to tase
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the soaked and drained basmati rice to it. Fry it for about 5 minutes stirring continuously. Add enough salt to it.
- Add the boiling water to it and cook the rice covered till done.
- Remove from the flame. Add the saffron-milk mixture to this and mix well.
- Sliced Onion - 2 (Fry till golden brown)
- Gharam masala pdr - 1 tsp
- Cashew & rasins (together) - 1/4 cup
- In a deep pan, make a layer with prepared rice. Sprinkle little garam masala pwd, little fried onion, cashew and raisins. Add a layer of mutton masala over the rice layer. Add rice over this layer, sprinkle little garam masala, little fried onion, cashew and raisins and then add mutton masala over it. Repeat the process. Cover the top layer with rice and sprinkle little garam masala pwd and remaining fried onion, cashew and raisins over the top layer.
- Heat it covered, on low flame for about 15 – 20 minutes and remove from flame. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's