Fried Potato Dumplings / Aloo Bonda
Views : 61380
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Potato – 1 (boiled and mashed removing the skin)
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad daal – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1, small (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped finely)
- Ginger – 1 ½ tsp (crushed)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp + a pinch (for the batter)
- Lemon juice – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 6 – 8 leaves
- Gram flour/ besan – ½ cup
- Rice flour – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – a pinch (optional)
- Clarified butter – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for sauting and deep frying
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad daal and let it splutter. To this add chopped onion and saute till soft. Add green chili, crushed ginger and curry leaves and saute till raw smell disappears
- Add turmeric powder and salt to this and saute till oil appears on top. Add lemon juice, combine well and remove from flame. Let it cool for some time. Add this to the mashed potato and combine evenly. Make lemon sized balls and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, combine together gram flour, rice flour, a pinch of turmeric powder, baking soda, ghee and enough salt. Add ¼ cup or little more water to this little by little to make a thick batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, dip the prepared potato balls the gram flour batter and deep fry till golden brown. Serve hot.
Note : Makes about 8 - 10 aloo bonda
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's