Cashew n Oats Cookies
Views : 59098
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Unsalted butter – ½ cup (100 gram)
- Light brown sugar – ½ cup (u can also use normal sugar)
- Egg – 1
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Oats – 1 cup
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – ¾ tsp
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Cashew (chopped) – ¼ cup + ¼ cup (for sprinkling on top of the cookie)
- Salt – one or two pinch
- Beat together butter and sugar till creamy. To this add egg and vanilla essence and combine well .
- In another bowl, combine together oats, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and combine well.
- Add this mixture to the egg – butter mixture. Also add ¼ cup chopped cashew and knead to a smooth dough. Roll it with a rolling pin to get enough thickness. Cut it to desired shape with a cookie cutter and sprinkle the cashews over it.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree and bake the cookies in batches in the cookie sheet on the upper rack for about 14 – 17 minutes till done (the base is little brown). Move it to a wire rack and cool it completely at room temperature
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's