Sweet Corn Chicken Cheese Balls
Views : 60592
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Sweet corn (frozen) - 1 cup
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp
- Milk - ½ cup
- Pepper - ½ tsp
- Green chili - 2 - 3, chopped
- Shredded chicken - ½ cup (cooked adding little pepper and salt)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese - ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves - 1 tsp
- Corn flour - ¼ cup (for dipping the balls)
- Bread crumbs - ½ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Microwave the frozen sweet corn for about 2 - 3 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a non - stick pan, add corn flour and cook for 2 - 3minutes on medium flame stirring continuously. Add milk to this and combine well without forming lumps. Cook this till thick stirring continuously.
- Add pepper powder and salt to this and mix well. Add the sweet corn, green chilies and shredded chicken to this and cook for another one minute. Remove from flame and leave it to cool.
- Add mozzarella cheese and finely chopped coriander leaves to this and mix well. Make lemon sized balls out of this (makes about 10 - 12 balls out of this).
- In another bowl, mix corn flour with 3 - 4 tbsp of water without forming lumps. Dip the prepared balls in the corn flour mix and roll it in the bread crumbs. Give a second layer of coating to the balls by dipping them in the corn flour and then rolling it in bread crumbs. Cool it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil a deep pan and fry these balls in batches till golden brown. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
Note : Makes about 10 - 12.
Fresh sweet corn can be used here instead of frozen one. Just cook the fresh sweet corn before using.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's