Views : 74519
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Prawns (big) - 30 pieces + 8 pieces (for grinding)
- Red chili powder - ¾ tsp
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Basmati rice - 2 cup (soaked in water for half an hour and drained)
- Onion - 1, chopped
- Capsicum - 1, chopped
- Crushed ginger garlic - 1 ½ tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ¾ tsp
- Garam masala powder - ¼ tsp
- Dried lemon - 1 (optional)
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Water - 3 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee/ clarified butter - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Marinate the cleaned prawns with red chili powder, a pinch of turmeric powder and salt. Heat oil in a pan and fry the prawns just till done. Keep it aside. Grind the remaining 8 pieces of prawns to a smooth paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add chopped onion and capsicum and saute till soft. Now add crushed ginger garlic and saute for another one minute.
- Add black pepper powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt and saute till the raw smell disappear.
- Add water to it and when it starts boiling, add the soaked rice, ground prawns and dried lemon and cook covered till the water in it dried out. Now add the fried prawns to it. Combine slowly and cook covered till done. Remove the dried lemon from the rice and serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's