Cheese Stuffed Chicken Croquettes
Views : 57816
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Shredded chicken - 1 cup (cooked adding ¾ tsp pepper powder and little salt)
- Potato - 1 (boiled and mashed)
- Onion - 1, thinly sliced
- Green chili - 2, chopped
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Pepper powder - 11/2 tsp
- All purpose flour - 1 tbsp
- Milk - ¾ cup
- Coriander leaves - 1 tsp
- Shredded mozzarella cheese - ¾ cup
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
Ingredients for coating
- All purpose flour – ½ cup
- Egg whites - 3
- Bread crumbs - 1 cup
- Heat butter in a pan, add sliced onion and green chilies and saute till soft. Add ginger garlic paste to this and saute till the raw smell disappear. Add pepper powder and salt to this and mix well.
- Add all purpose flour to this and cook for a minute or two stirring continuously. Add milk to this little by little and mix well without forming lumps. Add coriander and cook till thick on low flame stirring continuously. Remove it from the flame.
- Add shredded chicken and mashed potato to this and mix till evenly combined. Leave it to cool at room temperature.
- Make about 16 – 18 balls out of it (grease the hands with oil to work easily). Take the balls one by one and press lightly (picture # 2), add little shredded mozzarella cheese at the center (picture # 3) and slowly cover it and shape it to croquettes (picture # 4). Repeat the process.
- Roll it in the all purpose flour, then dip it in egg white, and then in bread crumbs, again in egg white and then in bread crumbs (double coating makes the croquettes more crispy).
- Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the croquettes in batches. Serve hot with tomato sauce and mayonnaise.
Note : makes about 16 – 18 croquettes
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's