Views : 51446
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Coconut - ¾ cup
- Fennel seeds - ½ tsp
- Cashew - 10 - 12 (soaked in water for half an hour)
- Water - ½ cup
- Grind the ingredients to fine paste and keep it ready
- Mixed vegetables (I used frozen) - 1 ½ cup
- Cauliflower - ½ cup (put it in the boiled water along with little salt and drain it after 5 minutes)
- Mustard - ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Bay leaf - 1
- Onion - 1, thinly sliced
- Green chili - 3
- Crushed ginger garlic - 1 ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 7 - 8 leaves
- Red chili powder - 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - ½ tsp
- Cumin powder - ¼ tsp
- Tomato - 1 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add bay leaf to it.
- Add chopped onion, green chili, crushed ginger garlic and curry leaves to this and saute till soft
- Add the frozen vegetables to this and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes on low flame.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, curry leaves and salt and saute till raw smell disappear and oil appears on top.
- Add cauliflower and chopped tomato to this and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the ground coconut mixture combine well. Add ¾ - 1 cup of water and cook on low flame for about 5 minutes. Add coriander leaves to this and remove from flame. Serve hot with chapathi or naan.
Note : you can also use fresh vegetables. Just cook them first adding enough water and drain I water.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's