Mushroom Butter Masala - Mushroom Makhani
Views : 59888
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Mushroom - 250 gram (cleaned and cut to pieces)
- Cumin seeds - ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon - a small piece
- Onion - 2, big
- Crushed ginger garlic - 2 tsp
- Red chili pwd - 2 tsp
- Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
- Garam masala pwd - ¾ tsp
- Tomato - 2
- Cashew - 12- 15 (soaked in water for an hour)
- Yoghurt - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Red chili pwd - 1 tsp
- Kasoori methi/ dried fenugreek leaves - 1 tsp
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - little
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and let it splutter. To this add cinnamon and sliced onion. Add enough salt and saute till soft. To this add crushed ginger garlic and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add 2 tsp red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder and combine well. Saute till oil appears on top. To this add chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are soft and mushy. Remove from flame and let it cool for some time.
- Grind this into fine paste adding soaked cashew and yoghurt. Keep it aside.
- Heat butter In a pan, add 1 tsp red chili powder and saute till nice smell appears. To this add the mushroom and saute for about 5 minutes. To this add the ground paste and combine well. Add 1 ½ - 2 cup water and let it cook for about 6 - 8 minutes on low flame.
- Add dried kasoori methi leaves, fresh cream and coriander leaves and mix well. Cook it for another minute and remove from flame. Serve hot with roti or ghee rice.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's