Prawn Masala Balls
Views : 49713
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the prawn masala filling
- Prawns (cleaned ) - 250 gms
- Onion - 3, medium sized ( chopped )
- Tomato - 2 (chopped )
- Green chili - 2 (chopped )
- Red chili pwd - 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ¼ tsp
- Garlic - 5 cloves (crushed)
- Curry leaves - 6 - 8 leaves
- Coriander leaves - 2 tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - to saute
- Heat a pan, add about 3 tbsp of oil. When hot, add onion and saute till soft.
- To this add green chilli and tomato and saute till soft.
- Add chili pwd , turmeric pwd and salt to it and saute till the raw smell disappear and oil appears on top.
- Now add cleaned prawns and mix well and cook on low flame till the prawns are done.(add very little water if necessary, just enough not to burn it. )
- Add crushed garlic and curry leaves and heat it for some time till oil appears on top. Top it with coriander leaves and remove from flame.
For the dough
- Rice flour - 1 ½ cup
- Water - 1 - 1 ¼ cup (just enough to make a smooth dough)
- Salt - to taste
- Add salt into water. Prepare smooth dough with rice flour adding enough salt water. Make sure that add water little by little while preparing the dough. Keep it covered
To make prawn masala balls
- Grated coconut - 1 cup
- Make small balls out of the dough, (you can make about 10 balls out of it)
- Grease your hand with little oil and press the dough balls with the fingers to make small circles.
- Add a spoon full of prepared prawn masala in the centre of dough circles and cover it with the sides of the dough circles to make balls.
- Roll it in the grated coconut.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough balls
- Steam it for about 15 - 20 minutes or till done. (put the prepared balls for steaming only when the water in the steam pot starts boiling.)
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's