Sausage - Mushroom Quiche
Views : 89633
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the base
- Plain flour - 1 ½ cup
- Egg - 1
- Butter - 125 gram
- Cold water - 3 - 4 tbsp (if required)
- Salt - to taste
- In a deep bowl add all the above ingredients and knead for about 10 minutes to get smooth dough. Cool it for about half an hour.
- Roll it to the size of the pie pan and press it in the pan including the sides of the pan, trim the excess dough and prick it with a fork here and there. Refrigerate it for about 15 minutes.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for about30 - 35 minutes (more or less time till the base is golden brown) at 220 degree.
For the filling
- Sausage - 150 gram (chopped)
- Mushroom - 100 gram
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1
- Green chili - 1 or 2
- Garlic (crushed) - 1 tsp
- Egg - 3
- Milk - ½ cup
- Thick cream / fresh cream - ¼ cup
- Spreadable cream cheese - 3 tbsp (optional)
- Pepper pwd - 2 - 2 ½ tsp
- Shredded mozzarella cheese - ½ cup
- Oregano - a pinch (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - ½ tbsp
- Heat a pan and saute the chopped sausages for about 6 - 7 minutes or till it changes the color. Remove from heat and remove the excess grease with a kitchen tissue. Keep it aside.
- In the same pan, heat butter and saute the sliced mushroom for about 5 minutes and keep it aside.
- Heat ½ tbsp oil in a pan and saute the chopped onion, green chili and garlic till soft and keep it aside.
- In a deep bowl lightly mix egg, milk, thick cream, spreadable cream cheese, pepper and salt.
- Spread the sauted sausage, mushroom and onion over the baked base, pour the beaten egg mixture over it. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over it and top it with a pinch of oregano and bake it in a preheated oven for another 35 minutes or till a tooth pick inserted at the center comes out clean at 180 degree. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's