Paneer Butter Masala
Views : 56619
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Paneer - 250 gm
- Cinnamon - 1 small piece
- Cloves - 2
- Onion - 2 (medium, sliced)
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Red Chilli pwdr - 1 ½ tsp
- Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Coriander pwdr- 1 tsp
- Turmeric pwdr - ¼ tsp
- Cumin pwdr - ½ tsp
- Kasuri Methi - 1 ½ tsp
- Cashew - 12 numbers (grind to paste)
- Tomato - 3 numbers (boil, drain the water completely and remove the skin and grind)
- Fresh cream - 3 tbsp
- Butter - 4 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Ghee (Clarified butter) - 1 tbsp
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add paneer cubes and saute till light golden brown. Keep this in a separate bowl and add 1 cup hot water to it. Leave it for five minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a deep pan heat 1 tbsp of butter, add cinnamon and cloves. To this add the sliced onion and saute till soft. Grind this sauted onion to fine paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in a pan. Add ground onion (from step 2) and saute till raw smell disappears and the color changes slightly. Add ginger garlic paste, saute for another 2 to 3 minutes. To this add chilli pwdr, garam masala pwdr, coriander pwdr, turmeric pwdr, and cumin pwdr. Saute till the raw smell disappears. Add Kasuri methi and cashew paste and mix well.
- To this add the tomato puree and when it starts to boil reduce the flame and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the paneer cubes and ¼ cup of water and cook for about 10 - 15 minutes in low flame (till the desired the consistency is obtained).
- Remove from the flame and add fresh cream and remaining 1 tbsp butter. Mix well and serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's