Home Made Cottage Cheese / Paneer
Views : 66237
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Milk - 1 litre
- Lemon juice - 3 - 4 tbsp
- Cold water - 1 cup
- Place a cheese cloth or soft cloth over a strainer and keep it ready.
- Heat milk in a deep pan. when it starts to boil add the lemon juice to it, I tbsp at a time.
- Boil the milk stirring continuously till it curdles completely. When the whey separates completely, switch off the flame and immediately pour the cold water to it and stir well.
- Pour this to the strainer lined with cloth and strain all the water from paneer. Bring the paneer under cold water and wash it to remove the lemon flavor. Tie the cloth with paneer and squeeze out the excess water.
- Keep a steel colander (strainer) upside down and place the paneer tied in cloth over the colander (so the excess water will be removed). Place a cutting board (or a flat surface) over the paneer and place a heavy weight over that so that it will get set nicely.
- Keep it like that for about 3 - 4 hours. Remove the well set paneer from the cloth carefully and cut it to cubes. You can refrigerate it for 3 - 4 days.
Note : put the paneer pieces in warm water for some time before cooking so that the paneer will become soft.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's