Mac and Cheese
Views : 56521
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Macaroni - 2 cups
- Cook macaroni as per instruction on the packet adding enough oil and salt. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Flour - 3 tbsp
- Pepper - 1 ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Milk - 300 ml
- Shredded cheddar cheese - 1 cup +1/4 cup for topping
- Pepper pwd - ½ tsp ( for sprinkling)
- Chili flakes - 1 tsp (optional)
- Oregano - a pinch
- Mozzarella cheese - 2 - 3 tbsp (optional)
- Melt butter in a pan, add flour to it and mix well. Add pepper and salt to it and cook on low flame for 4 - 5 minutes stirring continuously.
- Remove from fire and add milk little by little, stirring continuously, to avoid forming lumps. Mix it well and return the pan to heat. Cook on medium heat for about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from flame and add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese to it and mix well till the cheese melts.
- Add the cooked macaroni to this and mix well. Add ½ tsp pepper and chili flakes and mix well.
- Grease a baking dish (glass dish), add the prepared macaroni mixture to it and top it with ¼ cup of shredded cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle oregano on top and bake it in a preheated oven for 20 minutes at 180 degree. Serve hot.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's