Home Made Cream Cheese
Views : 60472
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Milk - 1 litre
- Vinegar - 2 tbsp
- Thick yogurt - ¼ cup (plus 1 or 2 tbsp if required)
- Ice cubes - 8 - 10
- Line a strainer with muslin cloth and keep it ready.
- Heat milk in a deep pan stirring occasionally. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and add vinegar. The milk will start to curdle. When the milk is curdled completely, remove from the flame and immediately add the ice cubes. Leave it for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pout it to the strainer lined with cloth. Remove the water completely by squeezing.
- Remove the strained curdled milk from the cloth and blend it with ¼ cup thick yoghurt to get a smooth paste.(if the cream cheese is too thick, add 1 or 2 tbsp of yogurt and blend again till smooth.
- Again line the strainer with a thick layer of muslin cloth and put the blended cream cheese in it and refrigerate it covered overnight.( Keep a bowl under the strainer so that the whey will be collected in it if any.)
- The cream cheese is ready. Use it as per the recipe.
Note : Makes about 250 - 300 gram of cream cheese
(the main ingredient for making cheesecakes and can also make desserts)
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's