Rice Kheer / Rice Pudding/ Paal Payasam
Views : 66071
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Kheer rice - ¼ cup (wash it in water 3 - 4 times)
- Milk - 1 ½ litre
- Sugar -3/4 cup (add or reduce according to your taste )
- Cardamom - 4 (powdered)
- Cashew - 3 tbsp
- Raisins - 3 tbsp
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Almonds and pistachios - for garnishing
- Mix rice, milk, sugar and cardamom in a pressure cooker and cook on high flame till you hear the first whistle. Remove from flame and let it cool down.
- Now open the pressure cooker and cook for another 20 - 30 minutes (till it becomes thick )
- In another pan, heat ghee and fry cashew and raisins and add it to the kheer.
- Pour it into a serving dish and garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's