Views : 50360
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Milk - 1 ltr
- Lemon juice - 2 ½ tbsp
- Sugar - 2 ¼ cup
- Water - 3 ½ cup
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Pistachios - 5 -6 (to garnish)
- Ice cubes - 10
- Heat milk and when it starts to boil, reduce the flame and add the lemon juice and stir well. Heat until the water completely separates. Remove it from fire and add ice cubes to it and mix well. Pour the curdled milk to the strainer lined with muslin cloth. Bring it below the running water to remove the sourness of lemon. Squeeze out the excess water and hang it for about 30 minutes. Squeeze out the excess water in between.
- Put this hanged chenna into a bowl and knead it for about 10 - 15 minutes to make it very smooth (kneading for this much time is a MUST)
- In the mean time prepare the sugar syrup with sugar, water and cardamom pwdr in a pressure cooker without covering the cooker with its lid (we are using pressure cooker in this step just because in step 4, Rasgullas are cooked in this syrup in the pressure cooker)
- Make about 20 balls out of the mix from step 2 without cracks. Add these balls one by one to the boiling sugar syrup. Close the lid of the pressure and cook it in low flame for one whistle and for another five minutes. Remove from fire and keep it till the pressure cooker is ready to open.
- Serve warm or cooled garnished with pistachios.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's