Views : 56880
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Milk - 1 litre
- Basmati rice - ½ cup
- Condensed milk - ¼ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup (more or less according to ur taste)
- Cardamom pwd - ¼ tsp
- Rose water - few drops (optional)
- Pistachios (chopped) - 4 tbsp
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for about 2 - 3 hours. Drain the water and dry the basmati rice on a cloth for about half an hour or so. When the rice is dry, grind it to make powder.
- Boil milk in a deep pan, add the powdered rice and cardamom pwd stirring continuously (else it will form lumps). Let the rice powder get cooked on low flame.
- Add sugar, condensed milk and rose water to it and mix well and cook till done. Add 2 tbsp chopped pistachios to it and mix. Pour it in individual cups and cool in the refrigerator to set for about 2 - 3 hours. Garnish with the remaining pistachios and serve.
Note : Stir continuously tii the phirni is done, else lumps will be formed.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's