Kalakand (indian Sweet)
Views : 51430
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Milk - 2 litre
- Lemon juice - ¼ cup
- Condensed milk - 200 ml
- Sugar - ¼ cup (little more or less as per your taste)
- Milk powder - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Thinly sliced almonds and pistachios - 2 - 3 tbsp
- Place a cheese cloth or soft cloth over a strainer and keep it ready.
- Heat milk in a deep pan. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame and add the lemon juice to it.Boil the milk stirring continuously till it curdles completely. When the whey separates completely, switch off the flame and pour this to the strainer lined with cloth and strain all the water from it. Bring the collected paneer under cold water and wash it to remove the lemon flavor. Squeeze out the excess water.
- Line a square dish with parchment paper or grease a plate with butter and keep it ready.
- Move this paneer to a bowl and crumble it finely. Add condensed milk, sugar and milk powder to this and combine well.
- Move this mixture to a non stick pan and cook on medium flame stirring continuously. Add cardamom powder to this and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan (for about 4 - 6 minutes).
- Pour this mixture to the lined dish and spread it evenly and sprinkle the sliced nuts all over. Leave it to set for about 2 hours or so. Cut it to squares and serve cooled.
Note : makes about 16 pieces (depends on the thickness)
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's