Views : 61220
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour - ¾ cup
- Rice flour - 1 tbsp
- Yogurt - ½ cup
- Water - ½ cup or little more
- Orange or yellow food colour - few drops (as required)
- Baking soda - 2 pinch
- Vegetable Oil/ sunflower oill - for frying
- Combine together all purpose flour, rice flour in a deep bowl.
- To this add yoghurt and mix. To this add water little by little and make a thick batter (the batter should be thick). Make this to a smooth paste. To this add the food colour and mix well. Keep this covered over night in a warm place.
- Next day add baking soda to it, combine well and keep it covered for an hour
- Heat oil in a wide pan on medium flame (the oil should not be too hot or too low).
- Move the batter to an icing bag or in a squeezing bottle (ketchup bottle or so) and make spirals with the batter in the medium hot oil. Make sure to make limited number of jalebis at a time so that there is enough space to turn the jalebis.
- Fry the jalebis by turning the sides slowly till crisp and turns golden colour. Put these fried jalebis to the prepared warm sugar syrup for about 30 seconds and move it to a serving plate
- Increase the flame for about 30 - 40 seconds, reduce the flame and make more jalebis following the same process. Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve hot.
For sugar syrup
- Water - 2 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - ½ - ¾ tsp
- Saffron - a small pinch
- Pistachio - for garnishing
- Boil water adding sugar in a deep pan. When it starts to boil, reduce the flame, add the lemon juice and saffron strands and heat it till the sugar syrup reaches one string consistency. Remove from flame and let it cool at room temperature.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's