Fruit Custard Tart
Views : 59167
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For the Dough for Biscuit Cup
- All purpose flour - 1 ½ cup
- Butter -125 gm (at room temperature)
- Powdered sugar - 1/3 cup
- Cold water - 4tbsp
- Mix flour and icing sugar. To this add butter and process (or mix) until mixture resembles bread crumbs
- Gradually add cold water and process (or mix) until the mixture comes together. Knead the dough with hand until it becomes smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Take the dough out of refrigerator after 30 min and divide dough into 18-20 balls. Size of balls can vary according to the size of the tart pan used.
- Lightly roll these small according to the size of the tart pan. Grease the pan with butter and fill the rolled dough into the tart pan. Prick it with fork at the bottom of biscuit cups, so that biscuit will not expand during baking.
- Bake it in pre-heated oven (at 200 deg C)till it turns golden brown. This will need for about 25 minutes. After 18 minutes check regularly and make sure that the biscuits not to burn. The time mentioned here can vary based on the oven. Take out the biscuits and keep aside till it is cooled
- Milk - ½ ltr
- Custard pwdr -4 tbsp
- Sugar - 6 tbsp
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Fruits of your choice (Apple, Kiwi, Pomegranate, peer etc)
- Mix the custard pwdr in ¼ cup of milk, boil the remaining milk with sugar in a separate pan
- When it starts boiling, add custard mixture and stir well. Cook this mixture stirring continuously on low flame for about 5 minutes, till it becomes thick
- Add vanilla essence and remove from flame. Cool it in the refrigerator
- Spoon the cooled custard in the biscuit cups and top it with fruits. And serve
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's