Egg Garlands With Egg Pudding (Mutta Maala)
Views : 56640
- 1 Cup = 200ml
For egg garlands
- Egg yolks - 8 (remove the egg yolks carefully from the egg white, keep the egg whites aside)
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 ½ cup
- Egg white - 1 tbsp ( Used in step 3 to clean impurities in sugar syrup)
- Put the egg yolks to a strainer and sieve it (to remove the excess egg white, if any). beat it well with a spoon for a minute. Keep it aside.
- Add sugar with water in a wide pan, and bring to boil. Reduce the flame and heat it to bring the sugar syrup to one string consistency (add one table spoon egg white to the sugar syrup, leave it for a minute or two and remove the egg white from it. This is to remove any visible impurities in the sugar syrups)
- Move the egg yolk to an icing bag (or into a bottle with a very small hole).
- Make it in to high flame when it starts to boil. Then slowly pour the egg yolk using the icing bag (or using the bottle with a small hole) continuously to form thin threads. While poring rotate the icing bag in a circular motion. Make sure the opening of the icing bag is very small (or bottle hole is very small) so that you can get very thin threads. Otherwise you will not get very thin thread)
- Reduce the flame sprinkle little amount of water (2 - 3 table spoon) to it sugar syrup and remove the egg garlands slowly from the sugar syrup. Repeat the process with the remaining egg yolk in 3 to 4 batches using the same sugar syrup.
For the egg white pudding
- Egg whites - 8
- Sugar syrup - (remaining sugar syrup from the above step), cooled
- Milk powder - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 2 pinch
- Ghee (clarified butter) - 2 tsp
- Blend together the above ingredients except ghee in a blender. Grease a bowl with 2 tsp ghee, pour the blended mixture to the bowl and steam it till cooked and firm, for about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Cool it completely at room temperature. Cut it to pieces in desired shape. Move it to serving plate and top it with egg garlands. Garnish with cherries and serve.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's