Nan Khatai Cookies
Views : 60043
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour - ½ cup
- Wheat flour - ½ cup
- Baking powder - a pinch
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Cardamom - 2
- Ghee - ½ cup, little more or less to make a smooth dough (you can also use butter)
- Pistachios (powdered) - 2 tbsp
- Combine together all purpose flour, wheat flour and baking powder in a deep bowl.
- Grind together sugar and cardamom to fine powder. Add this to the flour mixture and combine well. Add the ghee little by little to this and make smooth and soft dough.
- Grease a cookie sheet with ghee or butter, make small balls out of the dough and press it lightly with your hand. Make cross cuts over these shaped balls with a knife, sprinkle the powdered pistachios over them and bake it in a preheated oven for about 13 - 16 minutes (till the sides of the cookies turn golden) at 190 degree.
- Move the baked cookies to a wire rack and cool it completely. Store it in an air tight container.
Note : makes about 16 - 18 cookies depending on the size.
i baked it in 2 batches.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's