Views : 66364
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Dates (soft) - ½ kg (remove the seeds and crush it lightly)
- Butter (unsalted) - 150 gram
- Sugar - ½ cup (more or less according to your taste)
- Vanilla essence - ½ tsp
- Egg - 1 (beat it with a spoon in a bowl)
- Cashew nut - ½ cup, chopped
- Marie biscuits (or digestive biscuits) - 200 gram (break it to 3 or four pieces)
- Heat butter in a deep pan. When it melts completely, add the crushed dates and sugar to it and cook on low flame stirring continuously. Let it get mixed up thoroughly with butter.
- When the sugar gets melted completely and the dates leave the sides of the pan as whole, add vanilla essence and mix well (dates will leave some butter unmixed in the pan).
- Add the egg to it and stir well immediately till well combined. The egg will remove the excess butter from it. Now add the chopped cashews and biscuits to it and mix well till well combined and evenly distributed. Cook it for another 2 minutes stirring continuously. Remove from flame.
- Put a portion of this date mixture (half or quarter) to the aluminum foil, roll it with your hand to make a thin log (the mixture will be little hot, so roll it covered with aluminum foil or with a cling wrap. Do the same with the remaining mixture. Freeze these for half an hour.
- Remove the foil and cut it to circles of desired thickness. Serve. Always keep it refrigerated.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's