Views : 60818
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- All purpose flour - 2 cup
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Salt - ¼ teaspoon
- Unsalted butter (cold) - ¾ cup ( cut it to small pieces)
- Vanilla essence - ¾ tsp
- Egg yolk - 1
- Cold water - 2 tbsp (if required to make a smooth dough)
- Add all purpose flour, sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse it to combine.
- Add the butter to it and process it till it resembles bread. Add vanilla essence and egg yolk to this and process till smooth and soft dough is formed. Add one or two tablespoon water to the dough if required.
- Divide the dough into 2 or three balls and press it or roll it to form a large disc of 1/8 inch thickness. Cut it to circles according to the size of your tart pan.
- Press the dough circles one by one to the tart pan, and trim the sides. Cool it in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Remove the tart pan from the refrigerator and prick tart dough with a fork. Bake it in the oven for about 12 - 15 minutes (till it turns golden color). Remove it from the oven and cool it completely over a wire rack.
- Repeat the process and bake all the tart shells.
For the chocolate filling
- Cooking chocolate (chopped) - 1 cup
- Thick cream or fresh cream - 1 cup
- Butter - 1 teaspoon
- Chocolate curls and nuts - for garnishing
- Microwave the cream in a deep bowl for about 50 second to 1 minute (till it starts to bubble). Remove it from the oven and add the chopped chocolate and butter to it and combine slowly till the chocolate and butter melts completely. Let it cool for 2 - 3 minutes at room temperature.
- Fill the tart shells with the chocolate mixture and leave it to cool in the refrigerator for about 2 - 3 hours. Garnish with chocolate curls and nuts and serve.
Note : You can do it without a food processor by mixing the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add the butter to it and rub it with your finger tips.
2. You can make small or big tart of your choice. If making small tart, it will take about 12 - 15 minutes to bake. If making a bigger one, it will take about 20 - 23 minutes. Time depends on the size of the tart.
Makes about 20 - 24 small tart shells.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's