Views : 60055
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Flour - 75 gm
- Corn flour - 2 tbsp
- Custard pwd - 1 ½ tbsp
- Baking pwd - ½ tsp
- Butter (unsalted) - 80 gm (softened at room temp)
- Powdered sugar - 3 ½ tbsp
- Vanilla essence - few drops
- Pistachios - for garnishing (optional)
- Combine flour, corn flour, custard pwd and baking pwd and sift it. Keep it aside
- In another bowl, add softened butter and icing sugar and beat it with hand mixer till creamy. Add vanilla essence to it and mix well.
- Add in the flour mix to it slowly and mix it with the electric mixer slowly, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spoon. Knead it to smooth dough. Wrap it with a cling film cool it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Roll the whole dough into a tube of about 3 cm thickness. Cut it to make about 12 - 13 cookies (or make small ball out of the dough, about 12 - 13, and press it lightly with your palm.
- Place the shaped dough in a greased cookie sheet, each cookie 3 cm apart (on baking, it will expand and will become double in size) and press it lightly with a fork. Top it with chopped pistachios.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for about 18 - 20 minutes at 180 degree. (time may vary in different oven)
- Remove it from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then move the cookies to wire rack and cool it completely at room temperature.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's