Views : 50385
- 1 Cup = 200ml
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Pepper pwd - 1 ½ tsp
- Ginger - 1 ½ tsp
- Garlic - 1 ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Water - 4 cups
- Cook the chicken with all the above ingredients for about 15 minutes on low flame. Remove the chicken pieces. Keep the gravy aside ( the remaining water in which u cooked the chicken)
- Basmati rice - ½ kg (wash the rice and soak it for half an hour)
- Oil - 5 tbsp
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Whole pepper - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tbsp
- Cloves - 2
- Cardamom - 2
- Cinnamon stick - 1 small piece
- Onion -3 chopped
- Potato - 2 (cut it into pieces, not too small)
- Coriander pwd - ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin pwd - ½ tsp
- Turmeric pwd - ½ tsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - little
- Heat a pan, add oil and butter to it. Then add all the spices (ingredients from 4 - 8 )
- When they start to splutter, add the chopped onion and cook them till soft, saute well.
- Add the potatoes to it along with the spice powders (ingredients 11 - 13 )
- Also add garlic paste and coriander leaves to it and cook for some time.
- Now add the chicken pieces to it and mix well.
- Add the gravy (the water in which chicken was cooked) to it and also add salt. You will need little more salt as you will be cooking rice in this masala.
- Drain the water from the rice and add it to the chicken masala when it starts boiling.
- Cook it on high flame for 2-3 minutes, and then simmer the flame. Cook the rice covered till done. Top it with coriander leaves. Serve hot.
Note : For 1 Cup Of Rice ,U Will Need 1 ¼ Cup Of Water. As You Are Cooking Rice In The Remaining Gravy, For 1 cup of rice, 1 1/4 cup water is required. Measure the remaining gravy in which chicken is cooked and add more water if required.
All trademarks, recipes and names are our properties. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the sanaa's recipe note book's